img_1251.jpg

Quinlan Court News

Historic Windows - October 2009

A recent acquisition for Quinlan Court foyer has been the addition of four stained glass windows which have long associations with the Sisters of St Joseph.

The windows were in the house which was on the property on St John’s Hill when Sister Columba purchased the land in the early 1900’s  The property was previously owned by the Watt Family, and the original house was used for many years by the Sisters as a classroom and music room.  Later the house was demolished, and the valuable wood, windows, and other fittings were used in rebuilding classrooms on the opposite side of the property.  That became known as Xavier House.

img_0960-q-ct-window.jpg

When the buildings were disposed of by the present owners of the land, the windows were put into safe storage and have now been installed at Quinlan Court.   Here two residents, Sr Mary Leonard and Mrs Barbara Roche enjoy the feature in a favourite seating area.

Gallery / Whakaahua

Members Login